The School and Nutrition Health Academy
The School Nutrition & Health Academy is founded on a whole school approach, in support of the Governments Child Obesity Strategy: ‘A Plan For Action’, naming the school setting as a key stakeholder in creating a healthy environment for children to learn about healthy nutrition and participate in moderate to vigorous physical activity play.
Encouraging children to be active and eat well as part of their daily lifestyle is a key component in setting good habits for later life.
Each individual education school programme has been developed to support The National Curriculum underpinned by the most up-to date evidence based research on nutrition and physical activity requirements in childhood.
The School Nutrition & Health Academy provide fun and interactive healthy lifestyles sessions and health days suitable for both key stages 1 and 2 supporting PSHE delivery, designed to be inclusive and achieve learning objectives.
Sessions can include
- Food and where it comes from
- Why looking after our bodies on the inside and out is important
- Healthy eating and food groups – 5 a day
- Fitness classes for teachers and children
- Making healthy meal choices
- Rainbow Foods – Texture and Taste
- Physical activity and food energy sources (Practical based)
- Yoga and Mindfulness
- John O Groats to Land’s End challenge
- Our sessions can be booked over 4, 8 or 12 week blocks. Schools have used their schools sports fund for additional Health & Wellbeing programmes